AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Fatty Liver Disease at Winter Park – PA or APRN
Full Time Opportunity
AdventHealth Winter Park
The APP, under the supervision of the Physicians is responsible for:
• APP would see patients in the clinic, including new patients, routine follow-up.
• Performs patient histories and physical exams in the office and hospital setting.
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as labs and imaging.
• Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and making appropriate referrals to other specialists, as needed
• Collaborating with physician supervisor to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff.
• Always displaying a caring and professional attitude
• Documenting in a timely and thorough manner.
• Schedule is Monday – Friday out-patient.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and patients.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills
Required Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies or Nursing
• 1-3 Years of experience in Gastroenterology and/or Hepatology (preferred)
Required Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
• ANCC, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• Current, valid DEA License • Current BLS and ACLS
AdventHealth Winter Park, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Winter Park Memorial Hospital was chartered in 1951. The hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 382-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, AdventHealth Winter Park’s Outpatient Center and Women's Services, cancer care at AdventHealth’s Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida