AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant, not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s six campuses in Fish Memorial, DeLand, New Smyrna Beach, Daytona Beach, Palm Coast, and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AHMG Family Medicine at Port Orange, APRN or PA
Full Time Position Located in Port Orange, FL
The APP, under the supervision of the Physicians is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations of patients, assessment and treatment of injuries or illnesses for pediatric through geriatric patients, including women’s health
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Independent and collaborative medical management of acute and chronic conditions
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Maintain accurate records and schedules
• Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Educate patients and their families on conditions, disease, epidemics and prevention
• Promote good health practices
• Schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Call required
• Holiday rotation
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Enthusiastic team player
• Passion for women’s health
• Flexible, adaptable to change
• Must demonstrate excellence in patient focused medical care & delivery of care
Education and Experience Required:
• Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) studies
• 1-2 years of clinical practice experience in Family Medicine
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
• Current, valid DEA license
• ANCC, AANP or NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• Current BLS required
The practice is a part of AdventHealth Medical Group. This is an employment opportunity that includes the benefits of call coverage and competitive compensation with a productivity model. Other benefits include occurrence-based malpractice coverage, paid leave days, CME days and allowance, 403b retirement plan, health insurance for physician and family, and relocation allowance. AHMG is a sister organization of AdventHealth which employs 350+ physicians in 27 individual service lines. This aligned model and practice management experience provides the opportunity for the physicians to focus on the clinical aspects of medicine.
AdventHealth Daytona Beach is a 367-bed hospital nestled on the border of Ormond Beach and Daytona Beach, most recently named #1 hospital in Volusia and Flagler counties by U.S. News & World Report. Tertiary services include, open heart, structural heart, vascular, thoracic, brain, spine, bariatric, surgery.
Volusia County is home to not only some of Florida’s best beaches, but also the world-famous Daytona International Speedway. And if you’re willing to venture out a bit farther, the many attractions of Central Florida—from Disney World to swimming with dolphins to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter—are at your fingertips.
Arts and Culture:
- St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum
- Castillo de San Marcos
- Southeast Museum of Photography
- Halifax Historical Museum
For more information on the area’s many amenities and attractions, please visit:
- Daytona Beach Culture
- Daytona Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce
- St. Augustine Visitors Guide