AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant, not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s six campuses in Fish Memorial, DeLand, New Smyrna Beach, Daytona Beach, Palm Coast, and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AHMG Family Medicine at Palm Coast, APRN or PA
Full Time Position Located in Palm Coast, FL
The APP, under the supervision of the Physicians is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations of patients, assessment and treatment of injuries or illnesses for pediatric through geriatric patients, including women’s health
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Independent and collaborative medical management of acute and chronic conditions
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Maintain accurate records and schedules
• Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Educate patients and their families on conditions, disease, epidemics and prevention
• Promote good health practices
• Schedule is Monday-Friday
• Call rotation
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Enthusiastic team player
• Passion for geriatrics
• Flexible, adaptable to change
• Must demonstrate excellence in patient focused medical care & delivery of care
Education and Experience Required:
• Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) studies
• 1-2 years of clinical practice experience in Family Medicine
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
• Current, valid DEA license
• ANCC, AANP or NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• Current BLS required
AdventHealth Daytona Beach is a 367-bed hospital nestled on the border of Ormond Beach and Daytona Beach, most recently named #1 hospital in Volusia and Flagler counties by U.S. News & World Report. Tertiary services include, open heart, structural heart, vascular, thoracic, brain, spine, bariatric, surgery.
The Greater Daytona Beach area is comprised of several smaller communities each with their own unique appeal. Our total catchment area is over 500,000 residents. This destination is filled with a multitude of nationally recognized, locally owned dining establishments, golf courses, country and yacht clubs. There are an additional 10 million tourists who flock to the shores of Volusia County annually to take advantage of miles of beautiful coastline with eclectic beach fronts.
Variety is a spice of life in these coastal beach communities that bring all the comfort and amenities of metropolitan living without the frustrating commutes. While Daytona Beach is called the “World’s Most Famous Beach” and is certainly one of our top attractions, this region is loaded with a multitude of other waterscapes and alluring natural features. You could enjoy fresh salty air from the warm ocean breeze on your simple drive to and from the hospital. Cultivating any lifestyle is possible in this area of beachfront living, new neighborhoods, year-round activities, and excellent public and private schools.