AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth (formerly Adventist Health System) and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Cardiology at Winter Park
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C)
Full Time Position
The APRN, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performing physical examinations as needed and monitors cardiology & interventional cardiology patients in the hospital and clinic setting: new patient visits, pre-& post-procedure care, follow up, patient education
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborating with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Hospital rounding, consultation, follow ups and discharges
• Always displays a caring and professional attitude as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
• Patients with CHF, chest pain, Uncontrolled hypertension, palpitations, cardiogenic Syncope, Valve disease, cardiomyopathy, valve disease, cardiomyopathy, atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, ventricular arrhythmias etc.
• Both In-patient and Out-Patient responsibilities
• Schedule is Monday – Friday, with weekend call coverage (1 weekend per month)
• Campuses Covered: AH Winter Park
• Master’s degree in Nurse Practitioner
• Cardiology experience
Required Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN license
• ANCC, AANP or NCCPA certification required
• Current BLS and ACLS
AdventHealth Winter Park, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Winter Park Memorial Hospital was chartered in 1951. The hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 382-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, AdventHealth Winter Park’s Outpatient Center and Women's Services, cancer care at AdventHealth’s Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida