Opportunities in the Advanced Cardiac Surgical Unit (ECMO unit)
At AdventHealth we believe it’s about more than mending what’s broken and healing what hurts, it’s about compassionate, lifelong, whole-person care. Start changing lives today by joining a healthcare system where we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion.
#1 in Orlando “America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S. News & World Report
#3 Hospital in the State of Florida 2021
“Center of Excellence” Platinum Center by the ELSO organization for 2021, the only Platinum Center in the SouthEast and one of thirteen centers to achieve this accomplishment for Adult Centers in the U.S.
AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute is the number one heart transplant group in the Southeast performing more transplants per year than any other transplant center in the Southeast with patient survival rates over 82% after 3 years. We have expanded our 8 bed ECMO unit to a 32 bed ECMO unit at the beginning of this year. We are looking for PA’s and APRN’s who enjoy a challenge and have a passion for medical devices and complex patients to join our growing team. The APP would serve our patients by providing direct clinical services for critically ill adult patients with cardiac or multi-system failure.
Duties and Responsibilities: The APP would be expected to complete the following under physician direction and within the credentialing standards of the Hospital:
• Assess patients for changes in condition and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency care.
• Procedures performed but not limited to: Chest Tubes, arterial catheters, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, temporary pacemakers, airway management, and defibrillation
• Participates and assists with the pre-, peri-, and postoperative management of the cardiac transplant, VAD, MCS, and ECMO patients
• Performs and participates in quality/performance improvement activities and clinical research.
• The shifts will include days, nights, two weekends per month and holiday rotation.
• Hours are either 5 AM – 5 PM (Day), or 5 PM to 5 AM (night)
• 14 (12-hour) shifts required per month
Experience and Requirements:
• Experience as an APRN or PA in Critical Care, that are willing to learn CV side
• Experience with transplant patients, L-VAD, Circulatory Assist Device, CABG’s (highly preferred)
• Experience in CICU or CVICU as an RN (highly preferred)
• ECMO experience (highly preferred)
• Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies or Nursing with Acute Care Certification (Required)
• Board Certification through NCCPA, ANCC or AACN
• BLS, ACLS, CALS, FCCS, certifications or eligible
Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life.
• Generous sign on bonus
• Relocation Assistance
• Competitive salary with annual incentive and extra shift potential
• 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
• CME allowance
• Occurrence Based Malpractice
• First day health insurance with extremely low healthcare premiums
• Paid Leave days
Start your life-changing journey today!
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida