AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Vascular Surgery at Orlando
Full Time opportunity for a Surgical Physician Assistant or APRN RNFA
General Summary: The APRN or PA, under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performing physical examinations of Peripheral and Vascular Surgery patients in the clinic setting including, but not limited to new patient consults, pre- and post-operative visits, follow up visits
- Patient Education on the following conditions but not limited to: Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, arterial reconstruction, Carotid Artery Disease, Endovascular Surgery, Open Surgery etc.
- First assist with surgeries such as abdominal aortic aneurysm, arterial reconstruction, carotid artery disease, endovascular surgery, open surgery, amputation, etc.
- Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log
- Enables continuity of care by managing patient care in the outpatient setting
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination, and clinical findings
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges
- Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges
- Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for surgery
- Flexible and adaptable given the nature of a surgical role
- Schedule: Monday – Friday with some flexibility for surgical procedures
- Primarily in-patient responsibilities
- Call rotation (1 in 4 weekends), call includes hospital rounding
- Holiday call rotation
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies or Nursing with a First Assist Certification
- Previous vascular surgery and or surgical outpatient experience (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- Certification through the ANCC, AANP or NCCPA (or equivalent certification body)
- Current BLS required
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida