AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Vascular Surgery at Celebration
Full Time opportunity for an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
General Summary: The APRN, under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performing physical examinations of Peripheral and Vascular Surgery patients in the inpatient setting including, but not limited to: new patient consults, pre and post-operative visits, follow up visits – could evolve to an outpatient setting as well
- Patient Education on the following conditions but not limited to: Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, arterial reconstruction, Carotid Artery Disease, Endovascular Surgery, Open Surgery etc.
- Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log
- Enables continuity of care by managing patient care in the inpatient setting
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination, and clinical findings
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges
- Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges
- Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Campuses Covered: AdventHealth Celebration and AdventHealth Kissimmee
- Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Primarily in-patient responsibilities could evolve into having outpatient responsibilities as well
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Previous vascular experience (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN license
- Certification through the ANCC, AANP (or equivalent certification body)
- Current BLS required
AdventHealth Celebration, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly known as Florida Hospital Celebration Health is a 237-bed, state-of-the-art hospital that serves as a showcase of innovation and excellence in healthcare. Our reputation for delivering highly efficient, patient-focused and cost-effective care allows us to achieve optimum health and wellness for patients with an emphasis on healing the whole person - mind, body and spirit. AdventHealth Celebration has been serving the residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake counties, and patients from around the world.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Hospital Website