Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN
Practice: ADVENTHEALTH MEDICAL GROUP VASCULAR SURGERY AT ORLANDO
formerly known as Vascular Institute of Central Florida – Orlando FL
Full Time Outpatient Position
The APRN, under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performing physical examinations of Peripheral and Vascular Surgery patients in the clinic setting including, but not limited to: new patient consults, pre and post-operative visits, follow up visits
- Patient Education on the following conditions but not limited to: Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, arterial reconstruction, Carotid Artery Aneurysms, Endovascular Surgery, Open Surgery etc…
- Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log
- Enables continuity of care by managing patient care in the outpatient setting
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
- Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
- Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
- Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team including family.
- Documents in a timely and thorough manner.
- Communicates report in an efficient and complete manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
- Strong communication skills
- Master’s degree in Nursing
Vascular surgery or surgical outpatient experience
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
Current, valid Florida APRN license
- ANCC or AANP Certification require
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,366 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across 9 different states; 28 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida