Full Time Position - Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN
ADVENTHEALTH MEDICAL GROUP PEDIATRIC DIABETES AND ENDOCRINOLOGY AT WINTER PARK
formerly - Florida Center for Pediatric Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism-
At AHMG Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology, our skilled endocrinology specialists help children of all ages who are dealing with a wide variety of disorders associated with the endocrinology system, including diabetes and metabolic conditions. Together, our team will work to diagnose, treat and manage your child’s condition, whether it’s a short-term challenge related to growth and metabolism to a chronic struggle with diabetes. Treatment programs include the very latest devices and techniques, along with education and support along the way.
The APRN under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performing physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of Endocrine and Diabetic related conditions primarily in the clinic setting
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Educates patient and family on treatment plans, testing and/or surgical procedures, pre and post-operative care, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Ability to take call on a rotating basis
- Schedule is Monday through Friday and will include a weekend rotation
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Enthusiastic team player
- Pediatric Medical Management
- Passion for pediatric patients and families
- Flexible, adaptable to change
- Willingness to learn
- Master’s degree in Nursing (Family or Pediatric) from an accredited US program
- Endocrinology/Diabetes experience preferred
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN license
- Certification by ANCC, PNCB,
- BLS and PALS certification
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,289 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 2500 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across 9 different states; 28 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida