Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN
ADVENTHEALTH MEDICAL GROUP PEDIATRIC AND ADULT CONGENITAL CARDIOLOGY AT ORLANDO
Florida Hospital for Children- Orlando, FL
The APRN, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of adult and pediatric cardiology patients, along with fetal patients in the clinic and hospital setting
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Assist Physician with hospital/Lab procedures as needed
- Assist patient and family with patient education
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Research and database maintenance
- Collaborates with providers to assist with our Single Ventricle Program
Community and Benefit Highlights
- Practice and Hospital located within the “City Beautiful” aka Orlando and just minutes away from Downtown Orlando.
- Very close proximity to other gorgeous cities: Winter Park, College Park, Baldwin Park, Maitland, Altamonte Springs, Lake Mary, Longwood.
- Easy commute to nearby beaches and local theme parks such as Disney and Universal Studios among many more
- Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Benefits, Extremely low-cost health care premiums for single or family plans
- Relocation Assistance
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, parents and hospital medical staff
- Desire to become part of a multi-disciplinary pediatric cardiology program
- Some evening and weekend on-call/rounding will be required
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Experience in Adult and Pediatric congenital cardiology
- Experience with congenital heart patients preferred
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN license (or eligible)
- Certification through AANP, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification body (or eligible)
AHMG Pediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiology formerly known as Pediatric Cardiology Consultants is seeking a Family or Pediatric APRN to join a growing practice. The role involves direct care for cardiac disorders in infants, children, teenagers, and adults with congenital heart disease. The APP would work in outpatient and inpatient settings. The position involves collaboration between pediatric cardiology teams, neonatal ICU, pediatric ICU, and inpatient cardiology.
Our Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth for Children is a full service, tertiary children’s hospital with over 200 dedicated pediatric beds, more than 30 peds ICU beds with a dedicated peds CICU, a 102 bed NICU, 17 bed pediatric emergency department and statewide pediatric network and transport system. We started our comprehensive pediatric open heart program in 2012 and have a strong track record of positive outcomes. We also have several key destination programs including our level IV Epilepsy program, the region’s only BMT and solid organ transplants including kidney and liver, and we increased Orlando area NICU beds to 150 total in 2017. Our unparalleled network consists of 27 hospitals across the state with one children’s hospital at the center totals over 20,000 births and several extremely successful pediatric subspecialty programs including outreach clinics. These 27 hospitals refer patients for tertiary and quaternary services to our main location near downtown Orlando. Our newest program has brought pediatric liver transplant services to Central Florida.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.