AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Hyperbaric Medicine & Wound Management - PRN APRN or PA at Orlando
Per Diem opportunity for an APRN or PA
Serving AdventHealth Orlando
AdventHealth Medical Group Hyperbaric Medicine and Wound Management Center at Orlando is looking to expand their growing team. The ideal candidate would be wound care certified with the availability to diagnose, evaluate and treat health conditions as well as promote good overall health practices to help patients improve their quality of life.
General Summary: The APP, under the supervision of the Physicians is responsible for:
- Performs patient histories and physical exams on patients with acute and chronic wounds in the office setting
- Provide the highest quality of wound care to ill, injured or disabled patients
- Taking all consults first, then developing a plan and consulting with MDs
- Manages follow-ups
- Order, interpret and evaluate lab and imagining results
- Procedures expected to perform but are not limited to: Debridement’s biopsies, wound assessment, dressing application, pressure relief, and pain and/or odor control
- Has extensive knowledge of Wound, Ostomy and Continence
- Maintains accurate patient medical records by tracking the progress of wound healing and document in a timely manner
- Main location: AdventHealth Orlando
- Schedule is as needed
- Out patient clinic responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Enthusiastic team player
- Willingness to learn
- Flexible, adaptable to change
- Strong communication skills
Education and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies
- Wound, Ostomy, Continence (WOCN) experience (highly preferred)
- Pain Management and Experience (highly preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
- ANCC, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
- Current BLS and ACLS
- Wound Care Certification (WCC)
- Current, valid DEA License
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across 9 different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida