AdventHealth Medical Group Neonatology at Central Florida
Neonatal Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Neonatal Physician Assistant
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Opportunities available in the Ocala, Florida area. AdventHealth Medical Group is seeking dynamic and energetic Neonatal APRN’s or Physician assistants to work in our Level II NICU.
If your baby needs close monitoring and attention, our level II neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) is staffed 24 hours a day with specialized neonatal care nurses, as well as neonatologists within our AdventHealth network. The NICU is designed to care for babies born at or after 32 weeks who weigh more than 3.3 pounds, as well as babies with certain health problems, including the need for short-term ventilator assisted breathing.
- The ARNP/PA is responsible for providing care for NICU patients within the scope of licensure and within the supervising physician's scope of practice
- Evaluate patients, perform procedures, develop treatment plans, order and interpret labs, x-rays and other diagnostic studies per specialty guidelines and under the guidance of the Neonatologist
- Communicate with parents, other specialists and among NICU team
- Monitoring specialized equipment, including incubators and ventilators
- Providing education and support to patients’ families regarding neonatal, intensive and, postpartum care
- Dispensing medications under collaborative agreement with a physician
- Performing diagnostic tests and other procedures, such as intubation and blood draws
- Ensuring proper feeding and basic care
- Master’s Degree in Nursing with NNP focus, or Masters in Physician Assistant Studies with a focus in Neonatology
- Must hold a valid Florida APRN License with Neonatal Nurse Practitioner certification or Physician Assistant license (Or ability to obtain a Florida License)
- Certification through ANCC, NCCPA or other nationally recognized certifying body (or eligible)
- BLS, ACLS and PALS certification
- Experience as an APRN or PA-C in the NICU (Preferred)
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida