AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Hiring A Family Medicine APRN or Physician Assistant, PA-C
Part-Time clinic position – 2 days a week
ADVENTHEALTH MEDICAL GROUP FAMILY MEDICINE AT OVIEDO BROADWAY
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Physical examinations of patients, assessment and treatment of injuries or illnesses for pediatric through geriatric patients, including acute visits and women’s health in the clinic setting
- Responsibilities will also include - Medicare wellness visits, surgical clearances, acute visits and follow up appointments
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to scope of license.
- Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
- Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team including family.
- Documents in a timely and thorough manner.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all times as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Schedule – Thursday and Friday – may be the need to pick up additional days on occasion.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
- Must demonstrate excellence in patient focused medical care & delivery of care
- Strong medical decision-making skills are a must
- Candidate must be able to successfully pass a third-party background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Minimum one-year clinical practice experience in Family Medicine treating patients of all ages and a variety of acute & chronic conditions
- Women’s Health and Pediatric experience
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
- ANCC, AANP or NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
- Current BLS required; ACLS preferred
- Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida