Certified Nurse Midwife, CNM- Altamonte Springs, FL
AHMG OB GYN at Altamonte Springs
Employees are hired to help AdventHealth Medical Group and AdventHealth extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women including managing all aspects of pre-natal visits
- Performs the nursing duties related to midwifery including labor and delivery care, care after birth, and newborn care.
- Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved.
- Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
- Serves as OB/GYN team member working closely with physicians and other staff to ensure healthy pregnancies and deliveries.
- Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
- Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
- Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family.
- Teaches patients about all aspects of an infant’s reaction to its environment including but not limited to breast feeding and bonding.
- Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner.
- Position will require a rotation to our Deltona Clinic which will open in January of 2018
- Master’s Degree in Nursing with Midwifery Certification
- Minimum three years of experience as RN; one year as midwife in hospital setting.
- Knowledge of midwifery principles and techniques
- Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family, and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment
- Knowledge of theories of family dynamics, mother-child attachment, parenting, and adult learning concepts
- Certification of Nurse Midwifery (CNM) program accredited by American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM).
- 3 years’ experience as midwife in hospital or clinic setting
About the Practice:
Serving Women’s OB/GYN Needs is Our Specialty
Each of the three OB/GYN physicians and certified nurse-midwives is dedicated to delivering complete and compassion obstetrics and gynecologic care to women of Altamonte Springs, Apopka and Lake Mary. From puberty to family planning and midwifery to minimally invasive or robotic surgical options to menopause management— women will find the highest quality of comprehensive and individualized medical and surgical care.
Our state-of-the-art facility is fully equipped to handle many OB/GYN issues—from complex gynecologic conditions, to well-woman care and revolutionary birth control methods and from STD testing to surgical procedures. Our medical team stays abreast of the latest procedures and therapies to ensure patients get the care they need—and back to the life they want. Our surgeons are da Vinci® Surgical System trained, while each of the midwives holds advanced certifications.
AHMG OB GYN at Altamonte Springs works closely with AdventHealth Altamonte Springs, which was recently recognized as a "Center of Excellence" by the American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery (AIMIS) for their advancements in women's surgery.
Our team values our CNM colleagues and the midwifery care model. CNMs take call within the hospital, working in collaboration with our physicians. We are proud to deliver all our patients at the extraordinary AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
AdventHealth East Orlando, a 295-bed full service community hospital became part of the Adventist Health System in 1991. We are proud to serve approximately 180,000 patients annually, which include more than 16,500 inpatients and 79,330 outpatients at AdventHealth East Orlando. In addition, our emergency visits totaled over 130,000 in 2018.
As a part of one of the fastest growing communities in Central Florida, our hospital caters to the east Orange County population. This market consists of the popular Waterford Lakes, Avalon Park, Lake Nona and University of Central Florida areas. As our community continues to broaden, so does Florida Hospital East Orlando with our recent 200,000 square foot $80 million expansion project. It also has expanded Radiology, Imaging and Cardiopulmonary departments. Current expansion plans include the building of a second cath lab and remodel of the existing cath lab. This $6 million investment was completed in 2018. In addition to new and improved cath labs, East Orlando opened two new advanced MR machines in 2018 that provide state of the art image quality, provide a better patient experience and increase access for physicians.
AdventHealth East Orlando is the primary campus for approximately 275 physicians who can utilize our four, new inpatient surgical suites as well as our new technologically advanced 13,500 square foot Outpatient Surgery Center. Our specialized services include: Cardiovascular Institute, Cancer Institute, Orthopedic Institute, Respiratory Care, Center for Family Care, Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine, Men's and Women's Health Programs, Women's Health Pavilion, Hospice Care, Seizure Monitoring, Telemedicine Program, Digestive Health Services, Primary Stroke Center and Sleep Disorders Center.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida