Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C)
Practice: AdventHealth Medical Group Cardiology at East Orlando
Full Time Position
Primary Supervising Physicians
- Dr. Rajesh Tota-Maharaj
- Dr. Usman Hashimi
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performing physical examinations as needed and monitors cardiology & interventional cardiology patients in the hospital and clinic setting: new patient visits, pre-& post-procedure care, follow up, patient education
- Responsibilities will include outpatient coverage for primary clinic in East Orlando rounding as needed as Florida Hospital East Orlando. This may also include clinic time at our Lake Nona office on occasion as well.
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Candidate must be able to pass a third party background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Schedule is Monday through Friday with weekend call/rounding rotation as needed
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to cover both East Orlando and Lake Nona clinics on scheduled days
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies
- Must have 1-2 years’ experience as an APRN/PA in cardiology
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- ANCC, AANP or NCCPA certification required
- Current BLS and ACLS
AdventHealth East Orlando, a 295-bed full service community hospital became part of the Adventist Health System in 1991. We are proud to serve approximately 180,000 patients annually, which include more than 16,500 inpatients and 79,330 outpatients at AdventHealth East Orlando. In addition, our emergency visits totaled over 130,000 in 2018.
As a part of one of the fastest growing communities in Central Florida, our hospital caters to the east Orange County population. This market consists of the popular Waterford Lakes, Avalon Park, Lake Nona and University of Central Florida areas. As our community continues to broaden, so does Florida Hospital East Orlando with our recent 200,000 square foot $80 million expansion project. It also has expanded Radiology, Imaging and Cardiopulmonary departments. Current expansion plans include the building of a second cath lab and remodel of the existing cath lab. This $6 million investment was completed in 2018. In addition to new and improved cath labs, East Orlando opened two new advanced MR machines in 2018 that provide state of the art image quality, provide a better patient experience and increase access for physicians.
AdventHealth East Orlando is the primary campus for approximately 275 physicians who can utilize our four, new inpatient surgical suites as well as our new technologically advanced 13,500 square foot Outpatient Surgery Center. Our specialized services include: Cardiovascular Institute, Cancer Institute, Orthopedic Institute, Respiratory Care, Center for Family Care, Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine, Men's and Women's Health Programs, Women's Health Pavilion, Hospice Care, Seizure Monitoring, Telemedicine Program, Digestive Health Services, Primary Stroke Center and Sleep Disorders Center.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida