AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Urology at Winter Park
Campus Covered: AdventHealth Winter Park
Full Time - Urology APRN or PA-C
Our skilled, well-known and award-winning urologists at AdventHealth Medical Group Urology group offers the most advanced surgical and non-surgical treatments for urology conditions affecting both men and women. Through minimally-invasive, laparoscopic procedures and surgery using the acclaimed da Vinci® Surgical System, patients suffering from all manner of urologic disorders can find healing, often with same-day service.
The PA or APRN under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic urologic conditions also including urologic oncology within the clinic and hospital setting
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- First assist with urologic surgeries such as removal of kidney stones, etc.
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
- Schedule is Mon-Fri with the potential for call responsibilities as needed and occasional weekend coverage
- Position is mostly outpatient with some inpatient responsibly
- Call responsibility
- Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) with First assist certification or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
- 1-3 years of experience as a PA-C or ARNP; Urology and Oncology
Required Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida PA or APRN license
- Certification by NCCPA, ANCC or equivalent
- First Assist Certification (APRN)
- BLS & ACLS
AdventHealth Winter Park, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Winter Park Memorial Hospital was chartered in 1951. The hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 382-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, AdventHealth Winter Park’s Outpatient Center and Women's Services, cancer care at AdventHealth’s Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida