AdventHealth Medical Group (AHMG) neighborhood-based practices are located throughout Central Florida in convenient and easily accessible locations in Lake, Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties. From primary care to robotic surgery and ground-breaking cancer treatment, AHMG doctors and staff provide treatment and care for our patients at their practices and at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and in Tavares at AdventHealth Waterman.
AdventHealth Medical Group Radiology at Central Florida- Physician Assistant
Full Time Opportunity in Central Florida
AdventHealth Medical Group Radiology at Central Florida is looking for a certified Physician Assistant to join the largest sub-specialized radiology practice in the nation with 128 radiologists. The Physician Assistant will be working with Neuro Radiologist and Interventional Radiologist in the Central Florida area to provide quality care to our patients.
The PA, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performing physical examinations of patient’s evaluation and treatment of radiology patients in the outpatient and inpatient settings
- Orders appropriate diagnostic tests
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public
- Strong communication skills
- Strong medical decision-making skills are a must
- PA will see a mixture of pediatric and adult patients
- Must be able to work evening and weekend hours as needed by the practice as night and weekend on-call responsibilities may be required
- The PA would spend one week in LP Clinic and one week in IR Clinic
- LP clinic (lumbar puncture): inpatient at Orlando
- IR Clinic pre and post op care, possible rounding but no procedures in IR lab
- Possibility of coverage in Kissimmee and Celebration
- Potential one weekend per month call required
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies
- Past direct procedural experience a plus
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida PA license
- NCCPA certification is required
- BLS and ACLS required
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across 9 different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida