AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Pediatrics at Tavares David Walker
This is a Full-Time outpatient opportunity
The APRN, under the supervision of the Physician who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Physical examinations of patients, assessment and treatment of injuries or illnesses for pediatric patients, in the clinic and hospital setting
- Patients seen will have a mixture of colds, ear infections, various rashes, acute and chronic illness management, well child checks, including newborn care, etc.
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all times as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Position is strictly outpatient clinic coverage
- Some call responsibility to provide coverage for physician, only home call.
- Schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Enthusiastic team player
- Pediatric Medical Management
- Passion for pediatric patients and families
- Flexible, adaptable to change
- Willingness to learn
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) with a focus in Pediatrics (CPNP-PC)
- Minimum one-year clinical practice experience in Pediatrics treating with a variety of acute & chronic conditions
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as electronic medical records and point-of-interview technology.
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN license
- ANCC, AANP (or equivalent) certification
- Current BLS required
- PALS (Highly Preferred)
Trust the experts and advanced medical treatments at AdventHealth Waterman, formerly Florida Hospital Waterman, in Tavares, FL. At AdventHealth Waterman - a Grade-A Safety hospital in Lake County since 2013 - our mission to help heal your body, ease your mind, and lift your spirit, while helping more people in the community reach their God-given potential.
Tavares is located in beautiful Lake County, where residents and visitors enjoy the quiet pleasures of rural living among 1,400 lakes for fishing and water sports, all within 90 minutes of the Orlando International Airport, East Coast beaches, Gulf Coast beaches, and the Orlando area attractions. The average temperature is 70 degrees, with summer highs in the 90's and winter lows in the 50's and 60's.