AdventHealth Medical Group Pediatric Surgery at Tampa
Surgical Physician Assistant or APRN First Assist
Full-time inpatient opportunity with some outpatient responsibilities
AdventHealth Medical Group Pediatric Surgery at Tampa is looking for a surgical physician assistant to join our growing pediatric surgery team in the greater Tampa area. The ideal candidate would be comfortable working with a supervising physician in an inpatient and outpatient setting. In addition, the ideal candidate should have a good surgical foundation as well as first assist experience.
The PA-C/APRN, under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Patient management and surgical first assist will include the following but not limited to: Appendectomy, Bowel Resection, Colorectal Surgery, Gastrointestinal Surgery, Gallbladder Surgery, Hernia Surgery, Spleen Surgery, and Minimally Invasive/Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery
- Performs patient histories and physical exams in the office and hospital setting: new patients, follow ups, pre/post operatively
- Handles daily patient rounds, patient education and discharge summaries
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, Ultrasound etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and provide services at AdventHealth Tampa
- Call rotation includes in-hospital rounding
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies or Nursing with a First Assist Certification
- 1-2 years of Surgical Experience, First Assist, and/or OR experience
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida PA or APRN license
- Certification through NCCPA, ANCC or equivalent
- First Assist Certification (APRN)
- Current ACLS and BLS certification required
Wesley Chapel is regarded as one of the fastest growing communities in the Tampa area. Median income is well above the area average. New shopping areas (Wiregrass, The Grove), schools, access to Tampa/beaches, and new neigborhoods make it a very desirable location.
Tampa Bay is a beautiful waterfront area on Florida's West Coast. It offers a blend of urban living in natural surroundings. Florida's largest metropolitan area, Tampa is rich with cultural heritage including its vibrant Latin area Ybor City. Boasting wonderful schools including a Seventh-day Adventist Academy, Tampa appeals to family life as well as city living. Tampa is home to the renowned University of South Florida, exciting Busch Gardens, beautiful beaches and lots of outdoor activities. In addition, this area is home to a number of professional sports teams including the Super Bowl-winning Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the 2008 American League Champion Tampa Bay Rays and the Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning.