AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Pediatric Cellular Therapy at AdventHealth Orlando
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant, PA-C
Central Florida’s first and only comprehensive bone marrow transplant center bringing nationally recognized for pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation. World class care at home. For more than a decade the Pediatric Cellular Therapy Practice has provided treatment and successful therapy for a variety of blood-related cancers and diseases. Pediatric Cellular Therapy Practice has treated more than 500 blood and marrow transplants. And, as Central Florida’s first and only comprehensive bone marrow transplant center, Pediatric Cellular Therapy Practice is certified by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy for meeting stringent volume and standard of care requirements. Pediatric Cellular Therapy Practice is also a member of the National Marrow Donor Program.
At the AdventHealth Children’s Center for Cancer and Blood Diseases, our mission is to cure and prevent childhood and adolescent cancer through scientific discovery and compassionate care. We are proud to have served the children of Central Florida for the past 16 years and as a full member of the Children's Oncology Group (COG), we offer patients the choice of participation in cooperative group clinical trials.
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of illnesses related to hematology, oncology and bone marrow transplant
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests
- Position entails managing/monitoring patients in the clinic, infusion center and hospital settings
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist
- Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public; Strong communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule including call rotation, nights, weekends
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced clinic with highly acute patients
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
- Preferred ARNP or PA-C experience in Hematology/Oncology or BMT
- Preference will be given to candidates with Oncology nursing experience
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
- Certification through ANCC, NCCPA or other nationally r
Our Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth for Children is a full service, tertiary children’s hospital with over 200 dedicated pediatric beds, more than 30 peds ICU beds with a dedicated peds CICU, a 102 bed NICU, 17 bed pediatric emergency department and statewide pediatric network and transport system. We started our comprehensive pediatric open heart program in 2012 and have a strong track record of positive outcomes. We also have several key destination programs including our level IV Epilepsy program, the region’s only BMT and solid organ transplants including kidney and liver, and we increased Orlando area NICU beds to 150 total in 2017. Our unparalleled network consists of 28 hospitals across the state with one children’s hospital at the center totals over 15,000 births and several extremely successful pediatric subspecialty programs including outreach clinics. These 28 hospitals refer patients for tertiary and quaternary services to our main location near downtown Orlando. Our newest program has brought pediatric liver transplant services to Central Florida. In 2019, AdventHealth for Children is recognized by US News and World Report as the best Children’s Hospital for newborn care in Florida. We are also recognized by The Leapfrog Group as a top Children’s Hospital for quality and safety, and we are a magnet designated hospital for nursing care.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida