ADVENTHEALTH MEDICAL GROUP PEDIATRIC AND ADULT CONGENITAL CARDIOLOGY AT ORLANDO
CONGENITAL ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY PROGRAM
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN or Physician Assistant, PA-C
Full Time Opportunity at AdventHealth for Children- Orlando, FL
AHMG Pediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiology formerly known as Pediatric Cardiology Consultants is seeking a Family or Pediatric APRN or PA-C to join a growing practice. The role involves direct care for cardiac arrhythmia disorders in infants, children, teenagers, and adults with congenital heart disease. The APP would work in outpatient and inpatient settings. Also, he/she would have a role in the EP laboratory during EP procedures. The position involves collaboration between pediatric cardiology teams, neonatal ICU, pediatric ICU, and inpatient cardiology. All services would be under the supervision of the staff pediatric electrophysiologist.
The APRN or PA, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of adult and pediatric electrophysiology patients in the clinic and hospital setting
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Assist Physician with hospital/Lab procedures as needed
- Assist patient and family with pre- and post-procedural education
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Research and database maintenance
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, parents and hospital medical staff
- Desire to become part of a multi-disciplinary pediatric cardiology program
- Some evening and weekend on-call/rounding will be required
- Master’s degree in Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Studies from an accredited College or University
- Applicants with experience in Adult and Pediatric congenital cardiology and/or Electrophysiology will be given stronger consideration
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license (or eligible)
- Certification through AANP, ANCC or NCCPA
Our Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth for Children is a full service, tertiary children’s hospital with over 200 dedicated pediatric beds, more than 30 peds ICU beds with a dedicated peds CICU, a 102 bed NICU, 17 bed pediatric emergency department and statewide pediatric network and transport system. We started our comprehensive pediatric open heart program in 2012 and have a strong track record of positive outcomes. We also have several key destination programs including our level IV Epilepsy program, the region’s only BMT and solid organ transplants including kidney and liver, and we increased Orlando area NICU beds to 150 total in 2017. Our unparalleled network consists of 28 hospitals across the state with one children’s hospital at the center totals over 15,000 births and several extremely successful pediatric subspecialty programs including outreach clinics. These 28 hospitals refer patients for tertiary and quaternary services to our main location near downtown Orlando. Our newest program has brought pediatric liver transplant services to Central Florida. In 2019, AdventHealth for Children is recognized by US News and World Report as the best Children’s Hospital for newborn care in Florida. We are also recognized by The Leapfrog Group as a top Children’s Hospital for quality and safety, and we are a magnet designated hospital for nursing care.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida