AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Memory Care at Winter Park, APRN or PA
Senior Health at Winter Park (Dundee) is a premier health care destination for senior citizens who are encountering cognitive difficulties including dementia, memory loss and confusion that may be tied to Alzheimer’s disease or other geriatric syndromes. We provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment for patients as well as needed resources and support for their caregivers.
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performing physical examinations of patients, assessment and treatment of injuries or illnesses for geriatric patients in the outpatient setting with a focus on Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Complete cognitive testing with standard instruments (MoCA test, MMSE, etc.)
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician supervisor, social worker and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude always as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Offers both in person and virtual appointments for patients
- Call rotation, holiday rotation
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Passion for geriatrics
- Passion for treating patients with cognitive disorder such as Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Must demonstrate excellence in patient focused medical care & delivery of care
- Strong medical decision-making skills are a must
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies
- Minimum one-year clinical practice experience treating patients with Alzheimer’s Disease and/or Dementia related conditions
- Relevant practice related experience dealing with the Geriatric population
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
- ANCC, AANP, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
- MoCA Certification (highly preferred)
- DEA required
- Current BLS required
AdventHealth Winter Park, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Winter Park Memorial Hospital was chartered in 1951. The hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 382-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, AdventHealth Winter Park’s Outpatient Center and Women's Services, cancer care at AdventHealth’s Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida