AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealths ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Inpatient Rehab
Full time Opportunity for an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant
Serving AdventHealth Waterman, Apopka, Altamonte, & Deland
General Summary: AdventHealth Medical Group is searching for a dynamic, hard-working, board certified Advanced Practice Provider with experience in the rehab setting, managing Cardiac, Stroke, Brain Injuries, Neurology and Orthopedic patients. The ideal candidate would serve as an integral role in the global management of rehab patients, including all aspects of care from performing patient histories, daily rounding, family visits, and new consults.
The APP, under the supervision of the Physician(s) is responsible for:
- Performing patient histories and physical exams.
- Managing the Inpatient rehab unit. Handling patient rounding, patient/family education, admissions, and discharges.
- Providing acute care consults at Altamonte, Apopka, and Deland campuses.
- Building relationships with referring physicians.
- Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and making appropriate referrals to either a physician or specialist.
- Collaborating with physician supervisor, OT, PT, therapists, skilled nurses, dietitians and other staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients.
- Displaying a caring and always having a professional attitude, as well as maintaining personal and professional growth.
- Discharge planning – Dictates discharge summaries, writes prescriptions, explains discharge instructions, confirms follow-up appointments and more.
- Required to cover multiple campuses: Waterman, Apopka, Altamonte, and Deland.
- Schedule: Required to work 20 days a Month: Monday – Friday from 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM with some flexibility.
- Call responsibility: 2 weekends a month, including hospital rounding.
- 50% traveling
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Willing to build relationships with referring physicians and practices.
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies.
- 2-4 Years of experience in working in an in-patient rehab setting.
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
- ANCC, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
- Current BLS
AdventHealth Waterman (formerly Florida Hospital Waterman) is a 300-bed, full-service community hospital located in the heart of Lake County. Founded in 1938 by Frank Waterman, president of the Waterman Fountain Pen Company, the hospital has grown from an 18-bed facility to a leading provider of acute and home health services in Central Florida. The hospital joined the Adventist Health System in 1992 and moved to its current location in 2003. With more than 1,900 employees and over 300 physicians and advanced practice providers on its medical staff, the hospital treats more than 14,000 inpatients a year and treats over 65,000 patients in its Emergency Department annually.
AdventHealth Waterman is located at 1000 Waterman Way in Tavares, Florida, approximately 35 miles northwest of Orlando. Tavares is located in beautiful Lake County, where residents and visitors enjoy the quiet pleasures of rural living among 1,400 lakes for fishing and water sports, all within 90 minutes of the Orlando International Airport, East Coast beaches, Gulf Coast beaches, and the Orlando area attractions. The average temperature is 70 degrees, with summer highs in the 90's and winter lows in the 50's and 60's.