AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Hematology & Oncology at Orlando - APRN or PA-C
Full-Time Inpatient Opportunity Serving AdventHealth Orlando
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations of patient’s evaluation and treatment of hematology and oncology patients primarily in the inpatient setting at our Orlando Location.
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Main location: AdventHealth Orlando
- Call for Orlando, east, and Altamonte (weekend call rotation)
- Schedule is 4 - 10 Hour Days with Rotating weekend call and Holidays
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong communication skills
- Strong medical decision-making skills are a must
- Strong clinical background with an emphasis on oncology related conditions
- Must be able to work evening and weekend hours as needed by the practice as night and weekend on-call responsibilities may be required
- Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
- 1-3 years of experience as APRN or PA-C in Hematology/Oncology practice REQUIRED
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- ANCC, AANP (or equivalent) or NCCPA certification is required
- BLS and ACLS required
- ONS Certification preferred
AdventHealth Medical Group Oncology and Hematology is one of the largest hematology and oncology practices in Central Florida. The practice has made significant strides in breast cancer, colorectal cancer and lung cancer research, early diagnosis and positive patient outcomes.
Our physicians are heavily involved in clinical trials, which allow us to be on the cutting edge of the latest medical breakthroughs in detection, prevention, treatment and research. With seven physicians and three office locations, we are committed to providing comprehensive continuum of services, access to national clinical trials and world class cancer treatment.
The practice works within the AdventHealth Cancer Institute which is the largest cancer center in Central Florida, recognized worldwide for its comprehensive, state-of-the-art care and reputation as a destination cancer care facility. We are dedicated to providing our patients with the latest treatments and technologies, managed by an experienced, knowledgeable team that utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to providing compassionate care that focuses on the most positive outcomes possible.
The institute has been ranked among the top five in the nation for robotic gynecologic-oncology surgeries and is the world leader in robotic prostatectomies using the da Vinci® Surgical System. More than 8,000 cancer surgeries are performed annually at AdventHealth Cancer Institute.
The AdventHealth Cancer Institute Is accredited as a Community Comprehensive Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and is recognized by the American Society of Clinical Oncology for its clinical research. We maintain research affiliations with the National Cancer Institute, Sarah Cannon Research Institute and many other health care institutions and organizations.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across 9 different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida