AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Physician Assistant, PA-C or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN;
Full Time Position
ADVENTHEALTH MEDICAL GROUP GASTROENTEROLOGY AND HEPATOLOGY AT ORLANDO
The APRN or PA, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performing health assessments on GI Patients including history and physical examination primarily in the clinic setting but may round in the hospital as needed
- New patient consults, follow ups, pre/post procedural follow up, patient education – Primary hospital if rounding would be AdventHealth Orlando Campus.
- Primary Clinic location covered would be Orlando but may need to cover Winter Garden on occasion
- Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log.
- Manage patients with various conditions related to the full scope of the digestive system, liver functions and esophagus including but not limited to: Barrett’s Esophagus, Colorectal Cancer Screening, Colonoscopy, Capsule Endoscopy, ERCP, GERD, IDB, Crohns, Ulcerative Colitis, Liver Disease/Failure, Upper GI Disorders, GI Bleeds
- Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
- Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
- Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
- Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team including family.
- Documents in a timely and thorough manner.
- Schedule will require weekend coverage rotation but will include flex time off
- Communicates report in an efficient and complete manner.
- Master’s Degree- APRN or PA Studies
- Valid Florida License
- Preferred clinical inpatient experience with Gastroenterology
- Certification from an accredited APRN or PA program
Community and Benefit Highlights
- Practice and Hospital located within the “City Beautiful” aka Orlando and just minutes away from Downtown Orlando.
- Very close proximity to other gorgeous cities: Winter Park, College Park, Baldwin Park, Maitland, Altamonte Springs, Lake Mary, Longwood.
- Easy commute to nearby beaches and local theme parks such as Disney and Universal Studios among many more
- Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Benefits, Extremely low-cost health care premiums for single or family plans
- Relocation Assistance
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across 9 different states; 28 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida