Physician Assistant, PA-C or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN
AdventHealth Medical Group GYN Oncology at Orlando
Full Time Opportunity
The PA or APRN under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performing physical examinations of surgical gynecological oncology patients including, but not limited to: new patient and follow up visits in the clinic, pre & post-operative care, hospital consultations, inpatient rounding
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Writes and/or dictates progress notes, procedure notes, histories, physical examinations, and transfers/discharge summaries in accordance with medical policies.
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work variable, flexible shifts as weeknight and weekend on-call may be required
- Candidate must be able to successfully pass a third-party background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies
- General or Gynecology surgery experience (Highly preferred)
- Oncology experience (Highly preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida PA or APRN license
- NCCPA, ANCC Certification required
- BLS, ACLS
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across 9 different states; 28 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida