AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Family Medicine APRN or Physician Assistant, PA-C
Full-Time Outpatient Opportunity
AdventHealth Medical Group Family and Internal Medicine at Tavares
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Physical exams of patients, assessment, and treatment of injuries or illnesses for pediatric through geriatric patients, including acute visits and women’s health in the clinic setting
- Responsibilities will also include - Medicare wellness visits, surgical clearances, acute visits and follow up appointments
- Performing and ordering preventative and diagnostic procedures based on patient’s age and history
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to scope of license
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Provide health education services and/or counsel to patients and families on how to make healthy lifestyle choices
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
- Must demonstrate excellence in patient focused medical care & delivery of care
- Strong medical decision-making skills are a must
- Focus on patient wellness and disease prevention
- Management of patients with hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, chronic conditions; new patient visits, acute care visits, emergent visits, and follow-up visits
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include early morning and/or evening hours to meet the needs for patient access
- Call shared by all providers, with a holiday rotation
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
- Minimum one-year clinical practice experience in Family Medicine and a variety of acute & chronic conditions
- Experience with management of chronic conditions (highly preferred)
- Experience in geriatrics (highly preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- Certification through the ANCC, AANP or NCCPA (or equivalent certification body)
- Current BLS required
Tavares is located in beautiful Lake County, where residents and visitors enjoy the quiet pleasures of rural living among 1,400 lakes for fishing and water sports, all within 90 minutes of the Orlando International Airport, East Coast beaches, Gulf Coast beaches, and the Orlando area attractions. The average temperature is 70 degrees, with summer highs in the 90's and winter lows in the 50's and 60's.