AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Nurse Practitioner, ARNP or Physician Assistant, PA-C
AHMG Diabetes and Endocrinology at Celebration
Opportunity at AdventHealth Celebration a part of AdventHealth Orlando
The ARNP or PA, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations and evaluation of adult patients with diabetes, endocrine disorders and metabolic diseases
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician supervisor(s) and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Write and/or dictate progress notes, procedure notes, history and physical examination, in accordance with medical policies.
- Evaluate the processes and outcomes to enhance the delivery of excellent, cost-effective health care
- Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop a strong rapport with patients, family members, hospital employees and other health care providers
- Must demonstrate excellence in patient focused medical care & delivery of care
- Strong medical decision-making skills are a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with availability for some evening and weekend call/coverage as practice needs dictate
- Candidate must be able to successfully pass professional reference checks, a third-party background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to work a full-time schedule: Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Primarily clinic seeing an average of 22 patients per day, with minimal patients seen in the hospital setting
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies
- Previous experience with diabetes and endocrine disorders (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- ANCC, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
- BLS and ACLS required
AdventHealth Celebration, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly known as Florida Hospital Celebration Health is a 237-bed, state-of-the-art hospital that serves as a showcase of innovation and excellence in healthcare. Our reputation for delivering highly efficient, patient-focused and cost-effective care allows us to achieve optimum health and wellness for patients with an emphasis on healing the whole person - mind, body and spirit. AdventHealth Celebration has been serving the residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake counties, and patients from around the world.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Hospital Website
- Global Robotics