Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C)
Practice: AdventHealth Medical Group Cardiology at Orlando
Full Time Position, Inpatient and Outpatient
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performing physical examinations and monitor general cardiology patients in the clinic and hospital setting. May include coverage at our other locations as well as needed.
- Clinic and hospital coverage will be on a rotating basis
- Will see patients independently and collaboratively
- EMR systems used – Athena and Cerner
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Candidate must be able to pass a third-party background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Schedule is Monday - Friday with weekend call/rounding rotation as needed
- Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, extremely low-cost health care premiums for single or family plans
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
- Strong communication skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
- Must have 1-2 years’ experience as an APRN/PA in cardiology
Licensure, Certification, and Registration Required:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- ANCC, AANP or NCCPA certification required
- Current BLS and ACLS
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across 9 different states; 28 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida