AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C)
Full -Time Inpatient and Outpatient Opportunity
Cardiology at AdventHealth Apopka and AdventHealth Winter Garden
General Summary: The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performing physical examinations as needed and monitors cardiology & interventional cardiology patients in the hospital and clinic setting: new patient visits, pre-& post-procedure care, follow up, patient education
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to cover both Winer Garden and Apopka clinics on scheduled days
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Inpatient and Outpatient role
- Some new patient, mostly follow-ups
- Patients with CHF, chest pain, Uncontrolled hypertension, palpitations, cardiogenic Syncope,Valve disease, cardiomyopathy, valve disease, cardiomyopathy, atrial fibrillation , atrial flutter, ventricular arrhythmias etc.
- Primarily working with Dr. Wodi
- Potential to work in the hypertension clinic
- Schedule is 6 AM - 5 PM with flexibility depending on census of hospital/clinic
- Call rotation is one weekend every 3rd week, work with Dr. Wodi on Holiday rotation
- Currently no overnight or home call, but could change in the future as practice grows
Education and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
- 2-4 years of experience as a provider in cardiology
- Experience running stress tests (highly preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- Certification through the ANCC, AANP or NCCPA (or equivalent certification body)
- Current BLS required
AdventHealth Apopka is a brand new, 120 bed acute-care community hospital located in Orange County, just a short drive from Orlando, Florida. Founded in 1975, we provide a wide array of inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from critical care to specialized emergency medicine. We believe in a whole-person philosophy of care that seeks to create a true partnership with the residents of Apopka designed to help them live a healthier, fuller life. The original Apopka hospital was established and opened in 1975 but as of late 2017 we completed new construction for the all new location of AdventHealth Apopka, which is now a beautiful 120-bed 7 story campus, with capacity to grow to 200 beds.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida