AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Physician Assistant, PA-C, Full-Time Career Opportunity
AdventHealth Medical Group Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery AdventHealth for Children- Orlando, FL
We are seeking a Certified Physician Assistant, PA-C to join a growing program and practice. The role involves orthopedic management of patients ranging from newborn to early adulthood. This individual would work in outpatient and inpatient settings as well as assist in surgery.
The PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performing histories and physical exams on pediatric orthopedic patients in both the office and hospital
- Handling daily patient rounds, patient education and discharge summaries
- Ramp up independent patient management and fracture care with follow up visits
- First assisting in the Operating Room
- ED trauma call coverage
- Other procedures which include but are not limited to: Joint injections, aspirations, cast application, dressing changes, fracture reduction, traction pin placement
- Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, MRI, etc.
- Assisting patient and family with pre- and post-procedural education
- Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and places orders for referral to the appropriate specialist.
- Collaborating with physician and staff to provide consistent care to both the parents and the patients.
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Research and database maintenance
- Flexibility to cover all locations:
- Main Outpatient office location: Orlando
- Satellite offices: Daytona and Winter Garden
- Hospitals covered: AH Orlando, AH Children’s and Winter Garden
- Schedule is Monday – Friday
- One weekend and two weeknights of call per month
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public; Strong communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule including call rotation, nights, weekends
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced clinic with highly acute patients
- Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies
- Experience a PA-C in Pediatric Orthopedic (highly preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- ANCC, AANP, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
- BLS and ACLS required
Our Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth for Children is a full service, tertiary children’s hospital with over 200 dedicated pediatric beds, more than 30 peds ICU beds with a dedicated peds CICU, a 102 bed NICU, 17 bed pediatric emergency department and statewide pediatric network and transport system. We started our comprehensive pediatric open heart program in 2012 and have a strong track record of positive outcomes. We also have several key destination programs including our level IV Epilepsy program, the region’s only BMT and solid organ transplants including kidney and liver, and we increased Orlando area NICU beds to 150 total in 2017. Our unparalleled network consists of 30 hospitals across the state with one children’s hospital at the center totals over 23,000 births and several extremely successful pediatric subspecialty programs including outreach clinics. These 30 hospitals refer patients for tertiary and quaternary services to our main location near downtown Orlando. Our newest program has brought pediatric liver transplant services to Central Florida. In 2019, 2020 and 2021, AdventHealth for Children is recognized by US News and World Report as the best Children’s Hospital for newborn care in Florida. We are also recognized by The Leapfrog Group as a top Children’s Hospital for quality and safety, and we are a magnet designated hospital for nursing care.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida