AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant, not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s six campuses in Fish Memorial, DeLand, New Smyrna Beach, Daytona Beach, Palm Coast, and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Physician Assistant, PA-C, Full-Time Career Opportunity
AdventHealth Medical Group Orthopedic Surgery
AdventHealth Waterman, Tavares, FL
AdventHealth Palm Coast, Palm Coast, FL
We are seeking two Certified Physician Assistants, PA-C to join a growing Orthopedic program at two established Orthopedic practices. The role involves orthopedic management of patients in either a Spine subspecialty focus (AdventHealth Waterman) or a Shoulder/Elbow subspecialty focus (AdventHealth Palm Coast). These individuals would work in outpatient and inpatient settings as well as assist in surgery. Candidate will only work in one designated location of either Waterman or Palm Coast.
The PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Performing histories and physical exams on orthopedic patients in both the office and hospital
• Handling daily patient rounds, patient education and discharge summaries
• Ramp up independent patient management and fracture care with follow up visits
• First assisting in the Operating Room
• Practice/ED call coverage
• Other procedures which include but are not limited to: PRP and Gel applications, joint injections, aspirations, cast application, dressing changes, and fracture reduction
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, MRI, etc.
• Assisting patient and family with pre- and post-procedural education
• Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and places orders for referral to the appropriate specialist
• Collaborating with physician and staff to provide consistent care to the patients
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Research and database maintenance
• Hospital coverage at only one location
• Schedule is Monday – Friday and some weekends
• One week of call every four weeks in tandem with supervising physician
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public; Strong communication skills
• Ability to work flexible schedule including call rotation, nights, weekends
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced clinic with highly acute patients
• Experience in the OR
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies
• Experience as a PA-C in Orthopedic (highly preferred)
The practice is a part of AdventHealth Medical Group. This is an employment opportunity that includes the benefits of call coverage and competitive compensation. Other benefits include occurrence-based malpractice coverage, paid leave days, CME days and allowance, 403b retirement plan, health insurance, and incentive allowance. AHMG is a sister organization of AdventHealth which employs 350+ physicians in 27 individual service lines. This aligned model and practice management experience provides the opportunity for the providers to focus on the clinical aspects of medicine.
AdventHealth Waterman (formerly Florida Hospital Waterman) is a 300-bed, full-service community hospital located in the heart of Lake County. Founded in 1938 by Frank Waterman, president of the Waterman Fountain Pen Company, the hospital has grown from an 18-bed facility to a leading provider of acute and home health services in Central Florida. The hospital joined the Adventist Health System in 1992 and moved to its current location in 2003. With more than 1,900 employees and over 300 physicians and advanced practice providers on its medical staff, the hospital treats more than 14,000 inpatients a year and treats over 65,000 patients in its Emergency Department annually.
Beautiful Lake County, where residents and visitors enjoy the quiet pleasures of rural living among 1,400 lakes for fishing and water sports, all within 90 minutes of the Orlando International Airport, East Coast beaches, Gulf Coast beaches, and the Orlando area attractions. The average temperature is 70 degrees, with summer highs in the 90's and winter lows in the 50's and 60's.