AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
OBGYN at Altamonte – CNM
Principal Duties And Job Responsibilities:
• Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women in triage, walk-in labor & delivery patients
• Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women including managing all aspects of pre-natal visits
• Performs the nursing duties related to midwifery including labor and delivery care, care after birth, and newborn care.
• Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved.
• Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
• Serves as OB/GYN team member working closely with physicians and other staff to ensure healthy pregnancies and deliveries.
• Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
• Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
• Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family.
• Teaches patients about all aspects of an infant’s reaction to its environment including but not limited to breast feeding and bonding.
• Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner.
• Flexibility to travel to multiple locations: Altamonte, Lake Mary, Apopka, UCF/Oviedo.
• Monday-Friday; 8:00-5:00
• Call required; includes hospital rounding and overnight phone coverage
• Campus: AdventHealth Altamonte
• Participation in Holiday rotation required
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Knowledge of midwifery principles and techniques.
• Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family, and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment.
• Knowledge of theories of family dynamics, mother-child attachment, parenting, and adult learning concepts.
Education and Experience Required:
• Master’s Degree in Nursing with Midwifery Certification
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
• Certification of Nurse Midwifery (CNM) program accredited by American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM).
• Current BLS and ACLS
AdventHealth Altamonte Springs was established as the first satellite campus of the Florida Hospital system in 1973 and has grown into the leading health care provider in Seminole County. This growth continues today with the construction of a Spine and Orthopaedic inpatient unit, four additional state-of-the-art operating rooms and a new addition that doubled the size of the Obstetrics unit. The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 200,000 patients a year, including 84,000 emergency patients, 23,000 inpatients, 2,500 baby deliveries, approximately 12,000 surgical cases, and 98,171 outpatient procedures. AdventHealth Altamonte Springs is known for its innovative and highly technical care, continually seeks to enhance the patient experience through unique offerings such as a Concierge Service for patients and employees and the popular Eden Spa that includes services specifically designed for cancer patients.
24-Hour Emergency Department, Audiology, Breast Center of Excellence, Cancer, Cardiology, Critical Care, Diabetes, Diagnostic Imaging (including CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Nuclear Cardiology), Digestive Health, GYN Center of Excellence, Interventional Cardiology, Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery, Obstetrics, Orthopedics and Spine Institute, Outpatient, Pain Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine, Respiratory Care and Women’s Services.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Osceola County Florida