AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Neonatology at Wesley Chapel
Full time Inpatient opportunity for a Neonatal APRN
Serving AdventHealth Wesley Chapel and Zephyrhills
The APP, under the supervision of Physicians is responsible for:
• The NNP is responsible for providing care for NICU and newborn patients within the scope of licensure and within the supervising physician's scope of practice.
• Evaluate patients, develop treatment plans, order and interpret labs, x-rays and other diagnostic studies per specialty guidelines and under the guidance of the Neonatologist
• Perform procedures such as intubation, lumbar puncture, umbilical lines, PICC lines and chest tube placement, and circumcisions.
• Communicate effectively with parents, other specialists and among NICU team members.
• Providing education and support to patients’ families
• Dispensing medications under collaborative agreement with a supervising physician
• 24 hour shifts – 7 days on and 7 days off
• Call required – 14 days per month
• Campus: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel and AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Required Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing with Neonatal Certification (required)
• 1-2 years of experience in the NICU as an RN (highly preferred)
• 1-2 years of experience in the NICU as a Neonatal APRN (preferred but not required)
Required Licensure and Certification:
• Must hold a valid Florida APRN License with Neonatal certification
• Certification through ANCC, or other nationally recognized certifying body
• BLS, ACLS and PALS certification
• DEA license
Wesley Chapel is regarded as one of the fastest growing communities in the Tampa area. Median income is well above the area average. New shopping areas (Wiregrass, The Grove), schools, access to Tampa/beaches, and new neigborhoods make it a very desirable location.
Tampa Bay is a beautiful waterfront area on Florida's West Coast. It offers a blend of urban living in natural surroundings. Florida's largest metropolitan area, Tampa is rich with cultural heritage including its vibrant Latin area Ybor City. Boasting wonderful schools including a Seventh-day Adventist Academy, Tampa appeals to family life as well as city living. Tampa is home to the renowned University of South Florida, exciting Busch Gardens, beautiful beaches and lots of outdoor activities. In addition, this area is home to a number of professional sports teams including the Super Bowl-winning Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the 2008 American League Champion Tampa Bay Rays and the Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning.