AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Neonatology at Central Florida
PRN Opportunity Serving AdventHealth Orlando
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Opportunities available
AdventHealth Medical Group is seeking dynamic and energetic Neonatal APRN’s or Physician assistants to work in our NICU’s in Orlando on a PRN basis.
General Summary: The APP, under the supervision of Physicians is responsible for:
- The NNP/PA is responsible for providing care for NICU patients within the scope of licensure and within the supervising physician's scope of practice
- Evaluate patients, develop treatment plans, order and interpret labs, x-rays and other diagnostic studies per specialty guidelines and under the guidance of the Neonatologist
- Perform procedures such as intubation, lumbar puncture, umbilical lines, PICC lines and chest tube placement.
- Circumcision as needed (depending on campus)
- Communicate effectively with parents, other specialists and among NICU team members.
- Providing education and support to patients’ families
- Dispensing medications under collaborative agreement with a supervising physician
- PRN on an as needed basis
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing with Neonatal focus, or master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies with Neonatal focus
- 1-2 years of experience in the NICU as an NNP is required
- Experience in the NICU as an RN (highly preferred)
- 2-4 years of experience in the NICU as a PA-C is required
Required Licensure and Certification:
- Must hold a valid Florida APRN License with Neonatal certification or Physician Assistant license (Or ability to obtain a Florida License)
- Certification through ANCC, NCCPA or other nationally recognized certifying body
- NRP certification
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida