AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Full Time Surgical Physician Assistant; PA-C – Head & Neck Surgery
Serving AdventHealth Celebration
The PA, under the supervision of the Physician who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations of patients, evaluation and treatment of injuries or illnesses related to Head and Neck Surgery and Neurotology in the clinic and hospital setting
• Surgical first assist in OR, Rounding in the hospital, medical management in the clinic
• Performing scope related procedures, incision and drainage, suturing
• Conditions managed and surgically treated include but are not limited to: Thyroid / parathyroid / parotid conditions requiring surgery, head and neck cancer, swallowing and vocal cord disorders, and general ENT hospital consultations excluding facial trauma.
• Will also work closely with the surgical neurotologist to manage conditions including but not limited to: chronic ear disorders, hearing loss amenable to surgical intervention (otosclerosis, profound SNHL for cochlear implant), acoustic/balance nerve tumors, CSF leak and superior semicircular canal dehiscence, ear canal stenosis and atresia, eustachian tube dysfunction, and more surgically focused ear disorders. Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician, supervisor and staff as necessary to provide quality care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Surgical first assist experience preferred
• Experience in a surgical practice or ENT preferred
• Campus Covered: AdventHealth Celebration
• Schedule: Monday-Friday
• Call required
• Rotating holiday call
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies
• ENT experience preferred
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida PA license
• Certification by NCCPA (or equivalent)
• Current BLS and ACLS
AdventHealth Celebration is a 310 bed, state-of-the-art hospital that serves as a showcase of innovation and excellence in healthcare. Our reputation for delivering highly efficient, patient-focused and cost-effective care allows us to achieve optimum health and wellness for patients with an emphasis on healing the whole person - mind, body and spirit. AdventHealth Celebration has been serving the residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake counties, and patients from around the world.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Hospital Website