AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C)
Full time outpatient Position Serving AdventHealth Kissimmee
General Summary: The APP, under the supervision of the Physicians is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of injuries or illness of patients with GI related conditions in the hospital setting
- Responsible for covering outpatient services for the practice at AdventHealth Kissimmee
- Treating patients with various conditions related to the full scope of the digestive system, liver functions and esophagus such as GI bleeds, atypical chest pain/GERD, dysphagia, acute hepatitis, gallstone disease, gastroparesis flares, Crohns Disease and Ulcerative Colitis flares
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist
- Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Main location: AdventHealth Kissimmee
- Schedule is Monday – Thursday from 8 AM – 5 PM, Friday from 8 AM – 12:30 PM
- Some call responsibility and hospital coverage, rotated between APP’s and Physicians.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Enthusiastic team player
- GI Medical Management
- Passion for GI
- Flexible, adaptable to change
- Willingness to learn
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies
- 1-2 Years of experience as an APRN or PA-C in the outpatient setting, medically managing
- Spanish speaking a plus
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
- ANCC, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
- Current BLS
AdventHealth Kissimmee, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Florida Hospital Kissimmee offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in a full range of specialties. Some of the area’s finest doctors and surgeons practice today’s most cutting-edge treatments and techniques at our esteemed Osceola County campus. There’s nothing more important than the health and well-being of your family. When it comes to health care, your loved ones deserve elite medical services, personalized attention and a warm, nurturing environment that fosters healing and recovery. Our new hospital expansion to 162 beds delivers all of this and more. We’ve transformed our hospital into a world-class destination for individualized comprehensive care just for you.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida