AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Family and Internal Medicine at South Street, APRN or PA
Full Time Outpatient Position Located in Orlando, FL
The APP, under the supervision of the Physicians is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations of patients, assessment and treatment of injuries or illnesses for pediatric through geriatric patients, including women’s health
• Procedures expected to perform include pap smears, incision and drainage
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Independent and collaborative medical management of acute and chronic conditions
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Maintain accurate records and schedules
• Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Educate patients and their families on conditions, disease, epidemics and prevention
• Promote good health practices
• Monday - Friday
• Call and hospital rounding required (1 weekend/month, 1 night/week)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Enthusiastic team player
• Passion for geriatrics
• Passion for pediatrics
• Flexible, adaptable to change
• Must demonstrate excellence in patient focused medical care & delivery of care
Education and Experience Required:
• Master’s degree in Nursing (FNP) or Physician Assistant studies
• GYN experience preferred
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
• Current, valid DEA license
• ANCC, AANP or NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• Current BLS required
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida