AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth (formerly Adventist Health System) and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Cardiology at Clermont
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C)
Full Time Position
The APRN, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performing physical examinations as needed and monitors cardiology & interventional cardiology patients in the hospital and clinic setting: new patient visits, pre-& post-procedure care, follow up, patient education, surgical clearances, monitors coumadin clinic and FMLA paperwork
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborating with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Hospital rounding and consultations
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all times as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
• Patients with CHF, chest pain, Uncontrolled hypertension, palpitations, cardiogenic Syncope, Valve disease, cardiomyopathy, valve disease, cardiomyopathy, atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, ventricular arrhythmias etc.
• Schedule is Monday – Friday with weekend call coverage (1 weekend per month)
• Hospitals Covered: AH Apopka
• Master’s degree in Nurse Practitioner
• Cardiology experience
Required Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN license
• ANCC, AANP or NCCPA certification required
• Current BLS and ACLS
AdventHealth Apopka is a brand new, 120 bed acute-care community hospital located in Orange County, just a short drive from Orlando, Florida. Founded in 1975, we provide a wide array of inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from critical care to specialized emergency medicine. We believe in a whole-person philosophy of care that seeks to create a true partnership with the residents of Apopka designed to help them live a healthier, fuller life. The original Apopka hospital was established and opened in 1975 but as of late 2017 we completed new construction for the all new location of AdventHealth Apopka, which is now a beautiful 120-bed 7 story campus, with capacity to grow to 200 beds.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida