AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth is a national leader in quality, safety, and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant, PA-C
AdventHealth Medical Group Blood and Marrow Transplant at Orlando
Full-Time Opportunity at AdventHealth Orlando
For more than a decade the Blood and Marrow Transplant Center has provided treatment and successful therapy for a variety of blood-related cancers and diseases. Blood and Marrow Transplant Center has treated more than 500 blood and marrow transplants. As Central Florida’s first and only comprehensive bone marrow transplant center, Blood and Marrow Transplant at Orlando is certified by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy for meeting stringent volume and standard of care requirements. Blood and Marrow Transplant at Orlando is also a member of the National Marrow Donor Program.
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of illnesses related to hematology, oncology and bone marrow transplant
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, x-ray, etc.
• Position entails managing/monitoring patients in the clinic, infusion center and hospital settings
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public; Strong communication skills
• Attention to detail a must
• Ability to provide quality customer service
• Ability to work flexible schedule including call rotation, nights, weekends
• Rounding required during the day and on weekends when on call
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced clinic with highly acute patients, APP will also be required to participate in inpatient rounding at AdventHealth Orlando
• Ability to complete bone marrow biopsies, skin biopsies in both inpatient and outpatient settings, lumbar punctures, and IT Chemo (training will be provided)
Required Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
• Experience as an APRN or PA-C in Hematology/Oncology (highly preferred)
• Oncology nursing experience (highly preferred)
Required Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
• ANCC, AANP, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• BLS and ACLS required
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida